Home > DJ PROMOS > DJ PROMO: Record Breakin’ Label Sampler

DJ PROMO: Record Breakin’ Label Sampler

June 23rd, 2009

Philadelphia-based indie label Record Breakin’ Music (RBM) opened their doors in 2007 with a straightforward approach to releasing quality new music with a soulful foundation. Founder and tastemaker DJ Junior has been dropping soulful gems for some time now, and his Eavesdrop Radio show on WKDU 91.7FM is a weekly staple for music heads tuning in for vintage jazz, soul, broken beat and everything in-between. RBM has started on the right path by releasing two highly acclaimed compilations, Lend Me Your Ear and Excursions, as well as launching a limited edition 7” series featuring ground-breaking artists and producers. This digital DJ promo brings you nine stellar tracks from the label’s ever-expanding catalog, featuring a plethora of artist such as M64 (Ragen Fykes & Ohmega Watts), Joy Jones, Spinnerty, Kissy Asplund, Vicelounge, DnS, Lil’ Dave, Anthony Valadez, Replife, Dee Ferguson, Dotmatic and more, as well as remixes from Daz-I-Kue (Bugz In The Attic) and Daru. Keep your eyes on Record Breakin’ as they continue to introduce vital contributions to the music community, and your local record store!

DOWNLOAD | MORE INFO | FEEDBACK & REQUESTS

PROMO TRACKLIST:
1. Lil’ Dave – “Cafe Cubana”
2. M64 – Ragen Fykes + Ohmega Watts – “Rhythm of the Drum”
3. Dotmatic – “Lotus”
4. vicelounge ft. Dee Ferguson – “Dear Man” (Original Version)
5. Joy Jones – “The Joy” (Daru’s Drop It Mix)
6. Anthony Valadez – “Go” (ft. Wendisue & John Robinson)
7. Spinnerty – “Foundation Pt 2″ (ft. Replife)
8. Kissey Asplund – “Move Me”
9. DnS – “GUM” (Daz-I-Kue Remix)

DJ PROMOS , , , , , ,

1. June 29th, 2009 at 17:16 | #1

only about halfway thru and i’ve already heard “odd-meters” and total latin dancefloor madness — i’m sold!

2. July 7th, 2009 at 08:58 | #2

oh, my word…total brilliance from front to back. kissey, vicelounge, joy jones, m64, dotmatic…absolutely insane sampler. this is gonna be in heavy rotation with me for the rest of the year, i can see it already. just included “the joy” in a mix for one of my podcasts. can’t say enough good things about Record Breakin’…phenomenal. just phenomenal.

3. July 7th, 2009 at 13:45 | #3

Loving these joints, ill def be spinning these out and about. Honestly I didnt even know about this label, so its good i got a hold of this. Big up to Mr. Watts….

4. July 8th, 2009 at 08:58 | #4

Record Breakin always on point. Will be spinning all of these…bars, clubs whatever. Shout to Mr. Junior

5. July 17th, 2009 at 17:40 | #5

WOW. thanks for love on the label… and as an artist on it, i find the music from the acts RIDICULOUS. i mean i like my own group too, but ohmega watts, kissey, dot.matic… etc

gotta love the company i’m keeping.

6. July 19th, 2009 at 00:53 | #6

This compilation is unbelievable! “The Joy” is insane. I can’t stop listening to it. These songs will forever be in my dj sets.

7. DJ ROCDASPOT
    July 21st, 2009 at 06:22 | #7

Since learning about Recordbreakin & experiencing their artist for a couple years now, I’ve been a loyal and consistent supporter of their AMAZING talents. The sampler is GRADE ‘A’ QUALITY MUSIC and JUNIOR, LIL DAVE & DOT.MATIC (after having the pleasure of meeting & know them) are humble and grade ‘A’ quality artist & human beings. I eagerly await WHAT’S NEXT from Recordbreakin. LONG LIVE VYNIL…..yesyesyall roc-on

8. August 17th, 2009 at 08:44 | #8

Through Giant Step I now know about a Philly gem – this is fantastic. Thank you.

9. August 18th, 2009 at 18:33 | #9

Only on the first cut and this is already the business.

10. simbad
    August 19th, 2009 at 19:10 | #10

had dem cuts 4 a while, absolutely fantastic, some big tunes in dere !!!! big up Record Breakin

11. August 29th, 2009 at 10:44 | #11

All I have to say is “SLAMMING”. This collection o soulful vibes makes my heart flutter! I know, corny, but damn! Joy Jones came with an eclectic yet busy tune, but inspirational all the same. Wendisue is always dope, and GUM is ridiculous! keep up the good work Record Breain’.

1. No trackbacks yet.